Friday, January 20, 2012

just for my information

There was an interesting discussing this week in a support group I count myself blessed to be a part of.  Doctors Brorson and Fagher, estimate that in Sweden at least 10.000  persons have Dercum´s disease …it certainly is more prolific than we may  realize.  They even suspect it could go as far back as a viking gene.  This created a good deal of interesting conversation between the group members.  I mentioned during the discussion, that years ago I had read an article about body type and ancestry and mine fit viking.  According to the study if as a woman you developed early and were busty odds were your ancestry is viking. I do not know how "scientific" this article was but it is an amusing coincidence because that description certainly fits me.  I think I'll make a new character on LoTR and call her Brunhilda.

It is so great to have a place to exchange ideas and knowledge that you know the people there know exactly where you are coming from.  I know my family and friends must get tired of me talking about my condition, they don't say anything they are very supportive, but I see the eyes glaze over...lol.  So this support group of angels is where I go to talk to my heart's content about my lumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment